September 8, 2011

Sleeping Selina

I'll start things off with something I painted a while ago.

Comfort by Chase Restrepo

  • First I took a screen shot of my girlfriend all wrapped up in a blanket over a video skype chat.
  • The image was extremely pixelated, so I couldn't do much with it save for selecting colors from it. I decided to grid enlarged it to a larger size that I could work with, and added line clarity with my own lines.
  • The picture I took was too bright for what I wanted, so I selected my own colors for this, and laid down the basic dark tones that I would paint on top of.
  • I built up colors and colors until I got up to the brightest highlight(the highlight on the tip of her nose, I think was the brightest)
  • I added in the texture of the blanket with a very small brush, and I topped the whole thing off with some very slight color adjustments.

Media: Photoshop CS5, basic brushes
Time Taken: Not sure, but I think it was about 3+ hours.
Made In: September 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment